IR. MOHD FAUZI BIN MOHAMAD was born in 1959 and holds a Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Civil Engineering (1983) and a Master in Hydrology And Water Resources (2009). Professional Engineer, registered with Board Of Engineer Malaysia (BEM) and Institution of Engineer Malaysia (IEM).
Served as Executive Engineer with Public Works Department of Malaysia (PWD) from 1983 to 2001. Join National Hydraulic Research Institute of Malaysia (NAHRIM) from 2001 to present with position as a Senior Researcher on Coastal Engineering Division in 2001 to 2004,: head of Division, Division of product development and marketing, NAHRIM in 2004 to 2007, and Director of Hydraulic and Instrumentation Laboratory from 2007 to date.
Have vast experience in Project Management and Structural Design with major in Coastal Structures during the tenure ship in PWD. Involved in research and consultancy projects in NAHRIM with selected list below;
1. The Study On The Impact Of Climate Change On Sea Level Rise For Malaysian Coastlines.
2. R & D On Development Of Artificial Reef For Conservation Of Natural Marine Resources
3. Pump Sump Model Testing of Belibis River Pump Station, for Urban flood mitigation, Pekan, Pahang.
4. Physical Modelling Testing Tidal Control Gate And Barrage & Lock of Flood Mitigation Project for the city of Kuching, Sarawak
Position Held In other Organisations
1. Deputy Hub Manager for Water Knowledge Hub on Climate Change Adaptation Program (WKH CCA)
2. Member of the Academy of Science Malaysia (ASM) on Task Force On Water & Climate Change.
3. Corporate Member of International Association for Hydro-Environment Research (IAHR)
4. Secretary General for 37th IAHR 2017 World Congress
5. Lifetime Member of the Malaysia Association Of The Rainwater Harvesting System